Code of Ethics
The Lychway subscribes to the code of ethics of the Funeral Directors’ Association of New Zealand.
- Professionally trained staff
- Adherence to a strict code of ethics and conduct
- Honesty, respect for confidentiality and high professional standards
- Respect for personal choices, spiritual beliefs and ethnic background
- A pre-paid funeral fund that meets all legal requirements
- Audited premises that meet association standards
- An independent client dispute resolution process
An excerpt from the Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand, of which, we are members.
Members of the Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand and the individual funeral directors on its register recognise the responsibilities entrusted to them in their relationships with:
(a) the bereaved they serve;
(b) the public at large;
(c) the profession of which they are a part.
Specifically they have agreed:
- To accept as a duty the maintenance of truth, accuracy, dignity and good taste.
- To maintain in all matters the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct.
- To respect in all circumstances the confidentiality and trust placed in them by reason of their function and calling.
- To preserve within the bounds of dignity, good taste and practicality, the right of personal choice and decision-making for the families they serve, and due regard for the ethnic origin and spiritual beliefs of the deceased person.
- To maintain qualified and competent personnel with facilities and equipment adequate to provide a comprehensive funeral service.
- To provide accurate information concerning the range of services and merchandise available, the prices of the same, and the functions and responsibilities accepted on behalf of their clients.